Surrey Marble and Granite is currently open with a limited workforce to enable safe social distancing in line with government directions to safe guard our staff and customers.

SMG is open for visits by APPOINTMENT ONLY to ensure social distancing is maintained in our showroom and safeguard our staff and customers. Please contact the office on 01428 651940 to check availability and book.

Info
Fill out the form below to request a quote

    Name*
    Email*
    Contact Number*
    Address Line 1*
    Address Line 2
    Town*
    Postcode*
    Additional Project Details

    I agree to receiving offers and services by email from Surrey Marble & Granite

    I agree to Surrey Marble & Granite Terms & Conditions

    Amazing Stoneworks – Solent Forts

    Built after 1865, the Solent Forts Horse-Sands, No Man’s Land, St Helens and Spitbank forts were created to protect Portsmouth and it’s harbour from attack. The most likely culprit at this point would have been the french.

    All of the forts are built from granite and are armour plated. Ranging in size from 150-200ft diameter and costing between £123,000 and £467,000 they were an expensive and impressive defensive against potential invaders. Luckily they never had to be used in warfare. The forts had to be armoured to prevent granite they were constructed from being smashed by cannon fire.

    Two of the forts have recently been acquired and renovated in order to turn them into a luxury hotel and venue, meaning that the forts are going to be an active part of the maritime makeup of the solent in the near future.

    Recommended Articles

    Replacing your tatty wood with shiny new granite worktops is a great way to give your kitchen an instant boost. And even if you’re changing your whole kitchen, it seems relatively simple: kitchen out, kitchen in. So why are these 5 interior design principles so critical to creating a successful kitchen?

    07.10.2016
    no comments
    Read More
    3 Pineapples on white marble

    Creating a marble kitchen an exciting project. Marble kitchen worktops have an innate air of luxury and elegance which is sought after the world over. With a stunning selection of colours and textures to choose from, marble is more popular than ever. As a result, many families are asking themselves: how can I get a luxurious marble kitchen worktop for less money?

    01.08.2016
    no comments
    Read More
    introducing-cimstone-surrey-marble-and-granite

    What is Cimstone? Created in Italy, Cimstone is a stylish quartz worktop material available in natural colours and patterns which can mimic marble, granite and limestone. What is Cimstone made of? Cimstone quartz is made up of 93% quartz, one of the few natural substances that are harder than granite. The remaining 7% is made up of the bonding agents and dyes which gives Cimstone worktops their unique patterns and colours. Unlike granite slabs, which are cut whole from a quarry, quartz slabs are made from small particles of quartz […]

    27.02.2018
    no comments
    Read More