Quartz kitchen worktops are engineered stones. This means that unlike marble and granite, which are quarried in large slabs and cut down, Caesarstone and other quartz brands are not found naturally. Instead, small amounts of resin are used to bind quartz particles together to make a large slab. As quartz worktops are made of at least 90% quartz, which is one of the toughest natural substances, they look, feel and handle just like stone – and they have certain advantages.
5 advantages of quartz worktops
- The stone is uniform from slab to slab – no matching problems
- Vast choice of colours, textures and styles
- Protective additives integrated in the stone
- Super tough material – very hard to scratch, chip or damage
- Quartz is more affordable than many natural stones
- Over 30 shades available
- Looks as good as new year after year
- Tough and easy to clean
Non-porous, heat resistant and scratch proof, Caesarstone has been designed with busy kitchens in mind. It’s fully sealed so bacteria and dirt have nowhere to hide. Liquids and spills stay on the surface of the stone, preventing stains and making it easy to clean. A gentle cleaner – even washing up liquid – and a soft cloth are all you need.
• 80+ shades and textures
• From natural pebble shades to bright, primary colours
• 25 year warranty for the stone
Pushing back the boundaries of quartz worktop technology, the makers of Silestone use tiny amounts of resin to create astonishing effects. Silestone is at least 93% pure quartz, yet it comes in an astonishing range of colours – including pillarbox red and egg yolk yellow, as well as more natural stone shades. Various textures are available, too, giving you the choice you need.
- Can withstand both hot and cold
- Ideal for use indoors and outdoors
- Veined or marbled finish available
The manufacturing process for Dekton mimics the natural formation of marble and granite. This engineered stone is subject to extreme heat and pressure, changing the formation of the rock. In the natural world, this process can take hundreds of thousands of years but Dekton is ready in just a few hours. It comes out super-tough and ready to withstand anything.