Cutting and finishing our own stonework is just one of the ways that Surrey Marble and Granite stand out from other granite companies. We’ve worked on over 14,000 projects since opening our doors in 2000, and are proud to consistently offer a high quality items and a quick turnaround.
How your project benefits from a Surrey factory
Many kitchen suppliers out source their production to other companies. By keeping production in house, we’re able to offer our customers a host of added value including:
- Lower costs – no middlemen involved: we measure, cut and fit your stone.
- Complete artistic control – you can discuss your needs directly with our technical team.
- Wide choice of stone – as we cut on site, we can offer over 100 materials, each with multiple colour options.
- End-to-end care – we take care of every aspect, from measuring and templating through cutting and polishing to fitting and finishing.
- Highly trained, experienced staff – we emphasize in house and external training to ensure all staff are expert in their area.
- Strict quality control – with over 16 years experience, our production manager makes sure every run is perfect.
- Quick turn around – while it usually takes 8-12 work hours to make a worktop, we can arrange a 24-hour turnaround in some cases.
See your project being made
Another benefit of being an independent granite company is that we are open to visitors. Our showroom is open whenever we are and you can also arrange a guided tour of our factory. If you’d like to see your stone slab being shaped into your new granite kitchen worktop, marble bathroom vanity or whatever bespoke item you’ve chosen, get in touch. We’re proud of our work and happy to explain the stages to our customers.
How we make a kitchen worktop
As we offer end-to-end production, all parts of the process are carried out by our trained staff.
- The client selects the stone, edging and finishing options.
- We take our own measurements of the installation site, using either laser guides or conventional tools as appropriate, and make highly accurate templates.
- The slab is taken to the heavy production side of our factory where it is cut to match the templates we’ve made, including cut-outs for sinks and other items.
- The piece is taken to the finishing factory for polishing.
- A quality control inspection takes place before any work leaves the factory.
- The item is transported to the client site and installed.